An armoire or wardrobe closet can provide loads of added storage space for all your clothes, shoes, bags, ties and so much more. The right one can also serve as a focal point in an otherwise drab room.
How to Choose a Size and Form
An armoire is a classic piece of furniture that offers a lifechanging storage solution when closets alone aren’t enough. While armoires have been around forever, today’s styles are anything but ordinary. Consider these elements to find the one for you:
• Size. Wardrobe furniture can come with many options for storage, including drawers, cabinets and hanging rods. Measure carefully to be sure to select a piece that fits your room. Consider replacing your chest of drawers with a modern armoire — it may take up just as much space in the room while it holds so much more.
• Form. In a room with close quarters, a shallow unit with wide drawers is ideal. Or, choose a model with sliding doors so you don’t have to account for the space swing-out doors require.Many options have full-length mirrors on the outside - perfect for areas with floor-to-ceiling mirrors.
Reclaim Space in Any Room
A stand-alone closet can help you better organize any area of your home:
• A large bedroom armoire with drawers, hanging rods and doors will give you more room for seasonal clothes that don’t fit in your everyday closet.
• A kids’ wardrobe is a gamechanger in a playroom, where you can keep toys and clothes out of the way but within reach.
• An armoire with drawers or adjustable shelves is also a cure for clutter in the living room. Stash board games, throw blankets and books in for easy access.
• A corner armoire brings elegance to a dining room. Use it to store special dishes and glassware.
With the right armoire, you can find the perfect place for all your belongings and restyle your living areas at the same time.